We look forward to co-hosting the June 15-19, 2016, Canadian Writers’ Summit at Harbourfront Centre in downtown Toronto.
All CCWWP Members receive special pricing for the conference. Your membership must be in good standing to receive the member pricing. Current or former members, please visit our Membership Profile section to reset your password and renew your membership. Want to join CCWWP? Visit our Membership section.
Conference registration for individual and institutional members is open now at http://www.canadianwriterssummit.com/english#/register.
Concession rates are now closed for CCWWP concession members.
Full Conference (4 full days of programming + meals, including Book Summit):
$300 + HST
Friday & Saturday only (2-Day package):
$200 + HST
$125 + HST
Just the Book Summit (Thursday, June 16):
$150 + HST
Student/Concession Rate (includes all days and keynotes with the exception of Book Summit, June 16):
$150 + HST – Note, this rate is only for student/concession members of CCWWP and must be purchased through the CCWWP website.
$20 + HST
Non-Member Pricing (for the general public):
Full Conference: $425 +HST
Any Single Day: $150 +HST
Ticketed Keynotes: $20 + HST
We realize prices have gone up for 2016, but this is no ordinary conference. It offers greater access to Canadian writers and institutions, along with expanded programming and keynote speakers, as well as social events and meals included in the price tag.
Canadian publishers, agents, and editors will be in attendance along with academic specialists in creative writing and literature. The conference will provide a great opportunity for interaction among the top writing institutions of Canada.
Hotel registration at the Harbourfront Westin will be available next month at a 15% discounted rate (a promotional code will be forthcoming soon).
A less expensive option, though with limited capacity, is available through the Ryerson International Living and Learning Centre Residence at 240 Jarvis Street, a short distance by subway or cab from Harbourfront Centre. Rates are available at $88/night; reservations must be made by April 13, 2016, and you are encouraged to act quickly.
For more on hotel options and registration, please consult the Canadian Writers’ Summit website at http://www.canadianwriterssummit.com.
Pearson International Airport serves the Greater Toronto Area. Taxis to downtown will cost around $70; Public Transit is also available from Pearson as well as hotel shuttles. Additionally, Porter Airlines flies into Billy Bishop Airport on the Toronto Islands and is convenient to downtown. Car rentals are available at Pearson, though most parts of Toronto are easily accessible by public transit.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s first Canadian Writers’ Summit. We believe this is an important step for CCWWP in meeting and enhancing our governing principles to:
- Provide a forum in which Creative Writers and those teaching Creative Writing can meet to discuss writing and how best to teach it.
- Provide a useful national network of individuals with interest and expertise in creative writing and the teaching of creative writing.
- Lobby on behalf of Canadian Creative Writing, Teachers of Creative Writing.
- Promote creative writing and Canadian writing, especially within the academic world.
- Provide up-to-date news related to creative writing and its instruction in this country.
- Provide support and pedagogical advice for those teaching creative writing.
- Generate a conference at which members can meet, exchange information, express concerns and in general stay abreast of the flow of information pertaining to Creative Writing in Canada.