Canadian Writers’ Summit
June 15-19, 2016. Toronto, ON.
The 2016 CCWWP conference will look a little different from the way we’ve done things in the past. We’re joining up with other Canadian writer organizations to bring you even more varied, diverse, exciting and collaborative programming.
The Canadian Writers’ Summit will be a four-day extravaganza of professional development sessions, keynote talks, pedagogy and policy discussions, scholarly presentations, public lectures, networking opportunities and social gatherings. #CWS2016 will also include a day of fascinating programming from the annual Book Summit, which focuses on the publishing side of our sector.
#CWS2016 will take place at Harbourfront Centre, right on Toronto’s beautiful waterfront, and will include readings and bookselling opportunities. It will also include plenary and annual general meetings for those participating organizations needing them.
To date, the Canadian Writers’ Summit’s programming partners include:
- Canadian Creative Writers and Writing Programs (CCWWP)
- Canadian Authors Association (CAA)
- Creative Nonfiction Collective Society (CFNC)
- Canadian Society of Children’s Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP)
- Humber School for Writers
- International Festival of Authors (IFOA)
- National Reading Campaign (NRC)
- The Writers’ Union of Canada (TWUC)
- The Writers’ Trust of Canada (WTC)
- The League of Canadian Poets (LCP)
- The Playwrights Guild of Canada (PGC)
- Union des écrivaines et écrivains québecois (UNEQ)
… with promotional and moral support from all of our provincial writer organization partners, and a growing list of others.